The Honda Owners Club
This forum has moved - Printable Version

+- The Honda Owners Club (https://hoc.createmybb4.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Announcements (https://hoc.createmybb4.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://hoc.createmybb4.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: This forum has moved (/thread-476.html)

Pages: 1 2

This forum has moved - alan sh - 26-05-2018

The people hosting the old service have announced today that they will be closing down at the end of July.

I have moved it here.

Alan

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - Red V Four - 26-05-2018

Alan, I think it may be time to finally let it go. We don't get any input from nearly all of these new 'members' that join anyway. I don't care much for Face-whatever-it's-called, but will probably have to start using it now...

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - alan sh - 26-05-2018

Yes, I think I agree now. It's a shame because it could have been so much better, but such is life.

Alan

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - Classic Honda - 28-05-2018

It is a shame as the HOC, in the form of the Admins, had control over what was posted on this site. The HOC Facebook group is only a group that probably has only about 300 paid up members visiting. The other 3000 or so 'members' are from all over the world and have no intention of joining the HOC. Far too much club specific information is posted in the Facebook group and also data protection issues have arisen.

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - Red V Four - 28-05-2018

Chris, we don't actually know on here who are the paid-up HOC members, other than those who are known to us. It's probably a smaller percentage than those on Facebook. I too feel that many on here don't intend on joining the HOC, while some probably aren't even aware it's a proper club and not just a 'freebie'. Even if membership was a requirement to join the forum or Facebook group, who's going to monitor (and remove) lapsed members? Opening up to non-members gives some a feeling the club's being inclusive to everyone, and when they see how great it is they'll pay up, but it often seems most was something for nothing. Ask them to pay and they go away. A bit like some of those who attend branch meetings...

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - alan sh - 04-06-2018

As Chris said, we had more control over things on here but this was never supported by the HOC Exec - and without their active input, it was only ever going to slowly die away.

If we decide we need a new forum, it is easy to set one up. I will take a backup of this one and get it hosted elsewhere so we don't lose the information (posts and user info). What I won't do is open it up unless I am asked to do so.

Alan

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - Jimmyb - 06-06-2018

Alan, agreed it is a shame the forum has to close, so I suppose this will be "So long and thanks for all the fish"

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - alan sh - 08-06-2018

Well, I could easily move it to another board, with all the data and the users - but do you want that?

Alan

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - Jimmyb - 11-06-2018

(08-06-2018, 03:32 PM)alan sh Wrote: Well, I could easily move it to another board, with all the data and the users - but do you want that?

Alan

Alan, with the lack of use and support from the management I do not think its a good use of your time.

RE: This forum will be closing on the 31st July - alan sh - 11-06-2018

I've put out a mass email and, so far, I have had 2 people want to keep it and 2 others who said it would be nice to keep it.

It doesn't take much management. The main one is to remove all the spammers as they come in - and that will reduce (for a while) once we go to a new address

Alan