Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD200 Benly - Using parts from a CB200?
Shocked 
Hi guys,

Not sure this is in the right place, but here goes.... Cool

I have a CD200 Benly, however, It is currently in the middle of a project build. A friend of a friend has recently broken a CB200 and has the tank, twin exhausts, rubber fork gaiters, fork shroud headlight mounts and a front and chrome rear fender. Apparently they are all in amazing condition and he has offered them to me for a good price. This is the type of styling I am looking for in my project but I am unsure if they will fit. Sadly he is just over 80 miles away and I have no idea if they will be a straight swap or will require some modding/fabrication to fit? Currently, my fenders are none existent and the CB200's look similar to that of the CD200. The exhausts on my bike are full of holes and I was wondering if these would also be just a straight swap? or will the require modding as I have noticed the pipes on the Benly go under the foot pegs, whereas on the CB's the foot pegs go under the pipes...

Any advice on interchangeable parts would be much appreciated  Huh

Thanks in advance!  Wink

Shep.
Forget it. The CB200 is a completely different bike to the CD200 - frame, engine, tank, you name it. About the only common thing is the number 200! Unless you really want a lot of hard work, find another CD200 for spares.
Everyone knows Red VFRs are faster than any other colour. 
(27-06-2016, 05:39 PM)Red V Four Wrote: Forget it. The CB200 is a completely different bike to the CD200 - frame, engine, tank, you name it. About the only common thing is the number 200!   Unless you really want a lot of hard work, find another CD200 for spares.

Ok thanks.

What about the front fenders? They look identical? It seems to be really hard finding one for the CD200...
What about the cd185 benly are they the same maybe worth a look to compare.
(28-06-2016, 08:53 PM)B.S.S CBR Wrote: What about the cd185 benly are they the same maybe worth a look to compare.

Yeah, cd125 and 185 use the same parts. However they are like rocking horse poop...
What you'll have to realise is that despite lots being manufactured, almost all of these (and many other) small bikes were bought by non-enthusiast owners for riding to work on. As a result most weren't exactly loved and cared-for as much as bigger and more expensive bikes, which means they were often left to rust, some even being left to rust away slowly out of sight in damp sheds after the novelty wore off. Usually this means that most non-plastic parts have rusted/corroded to the extent that they are no longer much use, and the plastics have crumbled. One mudguard does often look like another, but until you measure up or offer a different one up to check, you never know if it will fit. Exhausts may sometimes physically be made to 'fit', but if they were designed for a specific bike's performance, fitting it to another may make it perform worse (but rarely better).
Have you ever tried to find a CB200 mudguard (it's not a fender, except in the USA or Hondaland) in reasonable condition? Not may of those about either....
Everyone knows Red VFRs are faster than any other colour.