Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just returned to biking after a bit of a sabbatical...
Hi Folks,

Just returned to biking after a bit of a sabbatical - it's been 20 years since I last rode to be precise, and 10 years before that!

My Last Honda was a Candy Gold 1972 CB750/4 K1 (JML 60K) which I owned in the mid-late 70s (big Kawasakis from then until 1986).  But I loved that K1 and wanted to buy it back but I was informed it was written off in 1989.  So I've recently bought a Jan 93 (on a K reg plate) FireBlade, almost 100% original (apart from white wheels) with 41,000 miles from new, all MOTs, service invoices, tool kit, stamped service book and owners manual. 

Not entirely sure the FireBlade is for me, but we'll see and I may decide to let it go and replace it with another K1 or K2?

The FireBlade does have a damaged top cowl due to a low speed drop where the indicator punched a small hole through the air intake and the side panels have minor road-rash, but it's easily repairable and I have all the parts needed so it's my Winter project. 

A couple of photos attached.

.jpg   Picture2.jpg (Size: 71.82 KB / Downloads: 4)

.jpg   media (2).jpg (Size: 53.86 KB / Downloads: 3)

.jpg   media (10).jpg (Size: 104.06 KB / Downloads: 3)

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew, nice introduction, I am a bit disappointed 13 views and none of them welcome you, so welcome from Somerset
Regards

Jimmy B
[Image: eagle1.gif]

Keep the Rubber Side down

(12-11-2016, 04:02 PM)Jimmyb Wrote: Andrew, nice introduction, I am a bit disappointed 13 views and none of them welcome you, so welcome from Somerset

Thanks for the welcome Jimmy.

Cheers
Andrew
Welcome Andrew. I don't get on here every day, so I may have missed the original post.

One thing I would recommend is that you go on a riding refresher course. A lot has changed (in particular the idiots in cars) and it would help you a lot to stay safe.

I can recommend IAM or Bikesafe bit there may be others in your area.

Alan
Forum Administrator
Forum admin for CB1300 forum

Owns a CBF1000 FAC and a CB1300SA-A
Welcome to the club and enjoy the bikes......
Thanks for the welcome, I've also joined as a HOC member.

Alan,

Yes, a refresher is in my list for the Spring - as for idiots in cars, there's always been those but just more of the nowadays.

I've also most come to the conclusion the FireBlade is not for me; it's caused an old motocross injury (broken right wrist) to flare up every time I ride it, so we may very well be parting company in the Spring in favour of a CB750K1.

Cheers
Andrew
Interesting that you see the old 750K1 as a replacement. I would have gone for something more modern, although I loved the old K1's.

Alan
Forum Administrator
Forum admin for CB1300 forum

Owns a CBF1000 FAC and a CB1300SA-A
(18-11-2016, 10:37 PM)alan sh Wrote: Interesting that you see the old 750K1 as a replacement. I would have gone for something more modern, although I loved the old K1's.

Alan

I bought the FireBlade as I always wanted one in the early 90s, but children came along and put paid to that.  But now they have both left the nest and I have one, sadly I'm unable to ride it without pain and therefore safely! Arrow Edit: I should add that whenever I do ride it it causes an old motocross injury (broken right wrist) to flare up, so we may very well be parting company in the Spring

The K1 is purely based on sentiment as I have very fond memories of my old old K1, it's the bike I met my wife on when she was a mere 17.  In fact, before I bought the FireBlade I searched to see if I could buy my old back but was advised it was written off in 1989.  As good as they are, I don't hanker after a modern bike.

Here's me as a youthful 20 year old on my K1 in 1977 - I haven't changed that much......................   Wink

.jpg   180836_1601079342085_770742_n.jpg (Size: 21.85 KB / Downloads: 8)

Regards
Andrew
I have a 1973 K2 great bikes..... im into the older stuff, 1997 CB1000 they dont tell me how to ride i tell them.....
Thumbs Up 
(20-11-2016, 01:16 AM)SteveCB1000 Wrote: I have a 1973 K2 great bikes..... im into the older stuff, 1997 CB1000 they dont tell me how to ride i tell them.....

.................and, you don't need a laptop to fix them.  Smile