Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to club
Big Grin 
Big Grin hi all just bought a half completed cb400t 1978 small problem bike seems to run out of acceleration at about 4000rpm any idears
Hi and welcome to the forum, that's the dream have you checked all the fuel lines and the carbs...?? had a similar prob with a CD175 and it was a dirty fuel tap, you never know.... there's the HT leads and plugs you could change but i would bet on something with the fuel... Good luck...
Hi and welcome to the forum from Somerset
Regards

Jimmy B
[Image: eagle1.gif]

Keep the Rubber Side down

(15-02-2017, 01:08 PM)SteveCB1000 Wrote: Hi and welcome to the forum, that's the dream have you checked all the fuel lines and the carbs...?? had a similar prob with a CD175 and it was a dirty fuel tap, you never know.... there's the HT leads and plugs you could change but i would bet on something with the fuel... Good luck...

cheers steve done the ht leads plugs and caps before i got it on the road witch made a big difference to starting etc so ill give the fuel system a look over fuel tap looks quit new but tank has been resprayed so ill check any way 
is it worth using carb cleaner first from an aerosol through the air intake before i dismantle the carbs
Could give it a try, have a look in the fuel tap cause even if new if there's any crap in the tank could block the mesh screen....
(14-02-2017, 10:47 PM)cb221 Wrote: Big Grin hi all just bought a half completed cb400t 1978 small problem bike seems to run out of acceleration at about 4000rpm any idears

One reason for this is punctured diaphragms in the carb(s), rather than raising the main jet, air is just drawn through.
Regards

Jimmy B
[Image: eagle1.gif]

Keep the Rubber Side down