Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the site
Just signed up after 30( +-) years of Honda ownership.( I dont like to rush these things). Back in the 80s,my first Honda was a 250n'Superdream'. I currently have a '72 CB500/4 (in pieces),a running '76 CB550/4  and a CBX750 from'84 which I took off the road in 2012,I think, and has been sitting outside since! I also have a '95 Bandit 600 that I use as a year round work horse.
 I have just finished building a KZ1000CSR special and,as my next project,now want to have a go at getting the CBX back on the road. Its in a sorry state. The brakes are seized,the carbs are bunged up,the forks are rusted (though hopefully not below the waterline) and its in an all round rough state. The good news is that,before I took it off the road,I fitted new tyres and new chain and sprockets. Although its been sitting outside,it has been under a overhanging building,so it has been out of the rain and the worst of the direct weather.
 The plan is not to throw a load of time and money into a full restoration.Im just looking to clean it up and get it back on the road.
Welcome to the forum from Somerset
Regards

Jimmy B
[Image: eagle1.gif]

Keep the Rubber Side down

Hi and welcome to the forum ...