Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo 
Hey Guys

Thanks for the add!!  I'm Steve and recently aquired a '93 CB1000 Big One.

She's an American import.  Have had a lot of jobs to do to get her ready for MOT.  Previous owner should not have been let anywhere near a set of tools lol.  Only job left to do is sort out indicators.  Being american they're marker lights so are permanently on and flash when indicating.  Is this a problem for MOT or am i worrying unduly?

I would post a pic but need to work out how to reduce it to 500k or less
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. This forum isn't used a lot - but it may get better over time.

What is a CB1000 "big One"? Is it the forerunner to the CB1300/X4? If it is (and it looks like it), head over to cb1300.icyboards.net and register there too (I run that forum as well, so there is no conflict of interest). It is very active at the moment.

Alan
Forum Administrator
Forum admin for CB1300 forum

Owns a CBF1000 FAC and a CB1300SA-A
Steve, welcome. not an expert myself, however is the bike UK registered, if it is and has had its single type test, and passed with the indicators "in american mode" it should be OK.
Regards

Jimmy B
[Image: eagle1.gif]

Keep the Rubber Side down

Hi ya great the the old Big One ive had mine from new 1997 and shes as good now as always, the indicator thing you should find 3 wires in there i think you just need to disconnect the right wire and they wont come, still flash so all ok for the MOT.... treat her right and she will go for ever..... heres mine....
[Image: my%20bike%20april.jpg]

Right the UK bike has Orange and a green wire at from indicators and Light blue and a green at rear Green been the earth..... the front will have a Light blue and white i think which if you pull apart should stop them coming on...... hopefully try it and see... hope this sorts it but like said i think it will be OK with them on as long as they flash.

And yes Alan it is the forerunner to the CB1300/X4, the CB1000 (big one) as some call it came out in 1992 with the then CBR1000 engine detuned to 98bhp, they stopped making it about 96/97 mine was the last model they made the FT...
That does look nice.
Forum Administrator
Forum admin for CB1300 forum

Owns a CBF1000 FAC and a CB1300SA-A