Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics of my new project
        Here are a couple of pics of my new project, a 1980 CB900FA
Hi

I have only just seen this. Wow that looks like a great project and a good starting point. I really like those 'Euro' styled Hondas of the 80s and think they make a good, useable bike when they are done.

Good luck with the project and let me know how you get on.

Ian
Thanks Ian,

It had supposedly been dry stored for 17 years, but with a bit of coaxing I've had it running.

Bike is now a rolling chassis with engine out and some pieces already refurbed, others in the process. The main issues so far is someone else's idea of a 'restoration' means it has black paint toshed everywhere including painted carbs, which with 3 days of paint stripper and several goes through an ultrasonic cleaner and attacking with a Dremel and abrasive wheels are now looking pretty good. 

Alas I will not be visiting this forum much if at all as the general lack of response (present company excepted) means I will take my knowledge and ask my questions elsewhere.

Thanks again

Nigel
(21-12-2020, 04:21 PM)Tigger390 Wrote: Thanks Ian,

It had supposedly been dry stored for 17 years, but with a bit of coaxing I've had it running.

Bike is now a rolling chassis with engine out and some pieces already refurbed, others in the process. The main issues so far is someone else's idea of a 'restoration' means it has black paint toshed everywhere including painted carbs, which with 3 days of paint stripper and several goes through an ultrasonic cleaner and attacking with a Dremel and abrasive wheels are now looking pretty good. 

Alas I will not be visiting this forum much if at all as the general lack of response (present company excepted) means I will take my knowledge and ask my questions elsewhere.

Thanks again

Nigel

Hi Nigel

As you can tell I don't come here often either! I have a project of my own but it is a later CBF500 which I originally bought as a parts bike for my daily CBF500. Sadly I broke one of the engine mounts getting the stuck bottom bolt out but even with that needing a welded repair I would like to build the bike up as a runner.

I'm not good enough as a mechanic to take on a four of any age but do enjoy tinkering. I suppose my ideal project would be a 250 Superdream or similar. You sound like you have a lot of work to do on your bike but good luck and keep up the good work.

Ian
(14-11-2020, 11:25 AM)Tigger390 Wrote: Here are a couple of pics of my new project, a 1980 CB900FA
Wish you the best of luck with your project, strangely enough I have been restoring a 1980 750-4 which apparently been standing outside for 20 years

(14-11-2020, 11:25 AM)Tigger390 Wrote: Here are a couple of pics of my new project, a 1980 CB900FA
Wish you the best of luck with your project, strangely enough I have been restoring a 1980 750-4 which apparently been standing outside for 20 years
Regards Chris